We’ve been around the block!
Union Special is a major contender in its sector of the sewing machine industry. We have been manufacturing precision, high speed Industrial Sewing equipment since 1881. Our large variety of state-of-the-art equipment is operated by people who have set an industry standard for excellence. Your company can utilize these resources to produce your small to medium sized parts for all types of products at competitive pricing. Union Special also has over thirty-five years of experience in precision casting; our technical expertise is second to none.
- 10,000 square feet of Precision Casting Facility available
- State-of-the-art casting equipment with precise dimensional control
- Near net shape castings with minimal machining required after casting
- In-House metallurgist and metal lab.
- State-of-the-art casting equipment with precise dimensional control.
- Capable of casting parts from less than one ounce to three pounds in small to medium lot sizes
- State of the art CNC Vertical and Horizontal Machining and Turning centers
- High precision grinding equipment including OD, ID, flat, spherical & creep feed
- In-house heat treating, powder painting and black oxide capabilities
Contract Manufacturing Brochure:
High Resolution Masters for Immediate Investment Casting
Why you should bring your Rapid Prototype projects to Union Special Machine Company?
- Precision Sanders 3-D model maker
- Unigraphics CAD/CAM
- In-house investment casting facility
- In-house heat treating
- In-house casting engineering
- Manufacturing for over a century
The Precision Casting Division of Union Special Machine Company is uniquely positioned to provide a broad spectrum of services to get your part produced under real-world manufacturing conditions. Unigraphics solid modeling CAD system drives our highly accurate prototype units.
The benefits to you of this prototype method:
- Direct casting of the master (excellent melt-out, and elimination of casting shell ruptures)
- Receive castings before any capital expenditure is made for hard tooling
- Check for porosity and shrinkage
- R&D model makers work with a casting
- instead of bar stock, thus simulating real world conditions – all before the castings hit the production floor
- Extremely accurate casting master – .002 inch X/Y/Z-axis
- Pre-production (pilot) lots also available
Our process is ideal for all types of intricate wax investment cast parts used in power tools, small engines, sewing machines, toys, jewelry, etc.
Get the exact part. A part that simulates real world manufacturing conditions before you invest in hard tooling. Before your castings hit the production floor. All in a matter of weeks, not months.
Union Special Machine Company’s’ Rapid Prototyping process compresses the design-to-manufacturing cycle to weeks. The result, you get product to market faster making you a leading competitor in the international marketplace.
By taking your CAD file or CAD drawing, the Precision Casting Division reviews your specs, confers with our in-house metallurgist and metal lab, and then discusses with you the most efficient, most economical way to manufacture your part. We then use state-of-the-art Unigraphics CAD/CAM systems to drive our precision Sanders 3-D model maker prototype units.
Using our in-house investment casting facility, in-house heat treating facility, and in-house casting engineering, we provide you with a precision cast part in a matter of weeks.